The Easiest Waffle Recipe Ever
Ready for the SIMPLEST breakfast recipe ever…(I use the word “recipe” very lightly)…since there is only ONE ingredient, can I even call it a recipe?? Ha! Anyway, I recently came across this simple trick for making quick & easy waffles that I just had to share. We all deserve a little treat every now and then!
Waffles using Canned Biscuits ~ a quick & easy breakfast treat
Basically all you need is a waffle maker and a can of refrigerator biscuits. Seriously…thats it!
Semi-homemade here we come!
Tip and Tricks:
- Both flaky & homestyle biscuits make amazing waffles! So what ever you have on hand is totally fine.
- We made 3 waffles at once, although it all depends on the size of your waffle maker. Do what ever fits best in your waffle iron. You may even find that if you make one at time they will cook more evenly.
- Make sure to press and lock your waffle maker. This will flatten out the biscuits, and help them cook more evenly.
- We cooked ours on medium for about 2 1/2 minutes, but adjust cooking time to suit your waffle iron.
- If you find the waffles are sticking, spray your iron with a little cooking spray.
- Top with your favorite topping.
Easy Peasy! Nothing like a little semi-homemade breakfast to kick start your day!
Just remember…you are cooking a biscuit, not a waffle. It will still have a biscuit flavor, and they are not light a fluffy like traditional waffles. Totally worth trying, but they are not going to be our go-to Sunday morning breakfast.
For more easy breakfast recipes, check out our:
Until Next time